Vegetable Curry with Coconut Milk (Sobji Malaikari)
One of the hardest things to get my daughter to eat is vegetables. . But as a mom I always try to make her realize how healthy and she should eat but I guess it doesn’t work. Still I am struggling to make her convince. In this situation what I do, I keep stuffing cooked vegetables in parathas or bread. The other day I made veg mcmuffin which she liked.
So here I am sharing one more veg curry it is good in look and tasty too. And more over my daughter eat it without any hanky panky . Thank god! Malai Curry is a classic Bengali dish and is ususaly we make with prawns. I cooked with a variety of mixed vegetables with coconut milk. This dish is colorful full of nutrition, lightly spicy.
Mix vegetables curry is easy to prepare and is a great companion served with hot rice. The mix veg curry is prepared with potatoes, carrot, brocolli, beans or peas, red , Red, yellow and green bell peppers to make the dish more colorful .The combinations of different colors in a dish can make a big impact.
To prepare this mix vegetable curry, firstly par boiled all chopped vegetables and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add the sugar.
- As soon as it caramelizes, add whole cinnamon, cardamom and cloves.
- The aroma of the spices will come forth.
- Immediately, add onion paste and ginger paste.
- Fry well until oil leaves the sides and the paste is brown in color.
- Add turmeric, red chilli powder, tomato puree and salt. Add a little bit of water too.
- When the masala seems done, add the half boiled vegetables and mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and bring it to boil.
- Cook the gravy for about 10 minutes in low flame.
- Serve hot with rice.