Fish in Mango Curry
I learned this recipe from my grand mother. She used to make this curry with raw mangoes when it is too hot and we don’t feel like eating at all.. I like this dish so much that it can’t be explain in words. Raw mango is very beneficial for health, a very rich source of Vitamin C and Iron. .So if you are bored of the same fish curry style, then try this one to tickle your taste buds .. :)
Ingredients:4 big pieces of Rohu fish (wash and marinate with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt)
1 big green mango (cut in big slices)
2 tablespoon black mustard seed paste
3-4 green chilli
1 dry red chilli
1 teaspoon methi seeds + mustard seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt and sugar to taste
1/2 cup of mustard oil
A cup of water
2. Heat the oil in a pan, sauté the dry red chilli and methi, mustard seeds.
3. Add the mango slices and fry it well. Let the mango gets sft and pulp come out.
4. Add turmeric powder, mustard paste, green chilli, salt and sugar to taste.
5. Add pre-fried fish pieces and water.
6. Cook it for 10-15 min in medium flame with cover.
7. When the gravy becomes thick and dense, turn off the gas.
8. Enjoy sweet & sour fish with plain rice.